Hair loss or alopecia nowadays is a huge problem for everyone but is more common for men. Hair loss can affect not only your scalp but also your entire body. Sometimes it is temporary and sometimes it is permanent. According to the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), it is normal to lose between 50 to 100 hairs every day. With about 100,00 hairs on the head, that small amount is not noticeable, because new hair normally replaces the lost one. But if the case is not that then it is a problem. This can happen for many reasons. Like- hormonal changes, the result of heredity, or because of a medical condition.
Alopecia (baldness) typically refers to an excessive amount of loss of hair from one’s scalp. The most common reason for this is heredity. Where a person loses his hair with age. Some people like to let their hair loss run its course unhidden whilst most of them cover it up with different hairstyles, hats, or scarves. It depends on personal choices. And there is another group who choose the available treatment to prevent future hair loss or restore their hair growth.
Androgenetic alopecia, also known as male pattern baldness which is also known as male pattern baldness can not happen overnight. It appears in several ways, at different ages, depending on the cause of it. It can come suddenly or gradually.
There are signs of symptoms that indicate the starting of hair loss
1. Thinning hair all over your head:
One can find gradual thinning of their hair. Mostly the top part of the head. It is the most common type of hair loss. In the case of men, hair often begins to recede on the forehead. Whether women generally have a broadening of the part in their hair. An increasingly common hair loss pattern that can be found in older ladies is frontal fibrosing alopecia. For most people, it begins with thinning hair at the crown of the head and the temples.
2. Receding hairline:
Another common sign of hair loss is a receding hairline. You can clearly see a noticeable change in your line. Alopecia often begins in the hairline which turns your hairline into a more likely M-shaped hairline.
3. Circular patch:
A circular patch or bald spot is another symptom that we can see in many people. In this case, some people lose their hair in circular or patchy bald spots on the scalp or any part of the body like a beard or eyebrows. In this case, skin can feel a little bit itchy or painful before the hair falls.
4. Slow hair growth
In this case, people lose more hair than the ratio of their hair growth. Which makes your hair thin. These are the main signs of hair loss. Though there are some more signs you can notice-
- More hairs on pillow and comb
- Chemotherapy for cancer can cause hair loss (in this case hair should grow back)
- Handfuls of hair can come while combing hair
- Hair falling because of gentle touch
- Unhealthy hair
- Itchiness on the scalp
- Losing a lot of hair from one particular place there can be many reasons for hair loss. Sometimes physical or emotional shock can also cause hair loss. You can also suffer from hair loss because of the side effects of medicines. Sometimes eating disorders can also cause hair loss too. Recognizing the signs of hair loss or alopecia is an important part. If you can notice the symptoms you can take proper treatment or good care of your hair. And you can prevent hair loss and can have healthy hair. Because hair loss does not happen in the blink of an eye. So, learning how to recognize the symptom is very crucial. You can prevent it from getting worse.